Newbie help with ldapadd

I have used iPlanet's ldap and have gotten used to their syntax and
structure (although I do not fully yet understand how it all works really)

I'm trying to create a proper LDIF file to run ldapadd.
Here is my ldapadd command I'm running:
    ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=steeleancestry,dc=org" -W -f

Here is the error:
    adding new entry "cn=Tyrone Steele,ou=people,dc=steeleancestry,dc=org"
    ldap_add: No such object
            matched DN: "dc=steeleancestry,dc=org"

    ldif_record() = 32

Here is my ldapsearch result = nothing really:
    #ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=steeleancestry,dc=org' '(objectclass=*)'

# steeleancestry,dc=org
dn: dc=steeleancestry,dc=org
objectClass: dcobject
objectClass: organization