New FAQ-o-matic entry (was: Optimizing database)

Hello Harry,

Tuesday, August 27, 2002, 4:11:30 PM, you wrote:

HR> i know i saw a posting here some days/weeks ago,
HR> which was about optimizing the performance of
HR> Berkeleydb4.

HR> Unluckily i can't find it anymore.
HR> Can anybody give me a hint ?

I've created a FAQ-o-matic entry:
http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?auth=cka75450164109&file=738

Read slapd-bdb.conf(5) manpage. Note that if You set checkpoint to
occur too often, this can lead to unpredictable growth of slapd
threads (with 2.1.3 I observed it myself with checkpoint set to 1k and
20k additions). This may crash slapd in some esoteric circumstances.

Note that You can not do some destructive operations while slapd is
running.

Upgrade to 2.1.4 OpenLDAP -- there are several bugfixes on BDB.

To everyone: if You find any mistakes in my FAQ-o-matic, please
let me know.

Good luck ;-)
--
Best regards,