RE: Client reports "Can't Contact LDAP server"

I think the latter is far less likely, particularly for an SSL/TLS exchange.
Use "-d 1" on both the client and the server, and you'll see all the messages
from the OpenSSL library, which should give you enough info to find out what
it's complaining about. Packet sniffing is definitely a last-resort approach,
and even if you're using SSLdump with pre-arranged keys you have to be an SSL
guru to piece together what's going on.

  -- Howard Chu