Re: Multiple Databases and Referrals

> When adding a referrals (but not regular entries),
> enable the ManageDsaIt (-M) control.
>
> Kurt

Thanks !

In the top level database (suffix: application=cc)
using -M succeeded in entering referrals as well as regular entries.

Should -M be used with ldif files which contain ONLY referrals, or
can it be mixed ?

A referral I entered into the toplevel database is:

____
dn: oc=isp001,application=cc
objectClass: referral
ref: ldap://127.0.0.1/oc=isp001,application=cc
_____

In the next step, I am trying to load the second database
(suffix: oc=isp001,application=cc) with the following referral:

____
dn: oc=isp001,application=cc
objectClass: ccService
ccStatus: enabled

dn: auth=admin,oc=isp001,application=cc
objectClass: referral
ref: ldap://127.0.0.1/auth=admin,oc=isp001,application=cc
____

1. I am trying to do this with -M.
Am I right in believing that that won't work because it will treat
the first referral (in the main database) as a regular entry?

2. Am I right in believing that the
dn: oc=isp001,application=cc
entry is not needed because it is already there as a referral in the
main database ? (ldapadd *does* complain that that entry already
exists).

3. Should I use -H ldap://127.0.0.1/oc=isp001,application=cc with
ldapadd to 'help' ldapadd to put it into the right database?
I use -M and it says: Could not create LDAP session handle (3): Time
limit exceeded
(it does that instantaneously, it doesn't look like a whole lot of
timeouting is going on....)

Any help appreciated.

_Ace