[Date Prev][Date Next]
sasl / slapd problem
I just subscribed to this list cause I have a very annoying problem
which I couldn't solve in the last two days on my own ... :-)
Well, just a short description: If I try to start slapd the following
# ./slapd -d 255
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.0.25-Release ....
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
daemon: initialized ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners opened
slapd init: initiated server.
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources. slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.
Now in the whole net (at least in the places I searched) there was
nothing to be found why sasl should ever fail. (alas it does anyway ...)
up to now I tried the following:
- freshly installed sasl 1.5.27
- freshly installed openldap 2.0.25 (both successfully)
- started saslauthd without slapd (working)
- started slapd afterwards (same result -> sasl fails)
- gnawed some nails off ...
I heard of, but found none:
- slapd.conf files in /usr/lib/sasl, which is annoying, cause I cannot
create one without having any clue how this file should look ... :-)
So can please anyone give me some hints?
Thanks in advance and greetings,