Problems with SSL certification on openldap 2.1.3

Hi list,

I'm using redhat 7.3 with openldap 2.1.3 and openssl-0.9.6b and I'm trying
to use OpenLDAP with SSL. When I used openldap 2.0.x, I could configure
openldap to use TLS and my clients wheren't suposed to view the CA
certificate, but with openldap 2.1.3 I can just use SSL if I copy to my
machines the ca.cert file and add to /etc/openldap/ldap.conf the following
line:

TLS_CACERT /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca.cert

Is there any way to use SSL without my clients needing to do that? It's a
private network and I'm using self-signed certificates.

I would apreciate some help and/or some documentation to read. I was
getting errors without that line in ldap.conf and discovered that it was
needed searching in the history of that mailing-list.

Thanks

Eduardo Piva

--
Eduardo Fernandes Piva