RE: berkeley db max filesize

The database is pretty much a black box, OpenLDAP only cares about entries.
Since it uses 32-bit ints for entry IDs, you can only have 4 billion entries.
But I think that's OK; if you created one entry per second continuously you'd
wrap around in about 136 years and surely by then the owners of your older
accounts won't need them any more...

The only limits of interest are how much data you can keep in RAM at one
time,
because OpenLDAP retrieves whole entries from the database, even if you only
want one attribute. So your physical RAM size limits how large a single entry
can be, and how many entries can be cached at once, etc...

  -- Howard Chu