Re: Corrupt index files

Darren Gamble wrote:

> Good day,
>
> > That was probably me.  I installed Berkeley DB 3.3.11 (now in Red Hat
> > 7.3) and rebuilt the source RPM for openldap-2.0.21 after removing the
> > "--with-ldap-api=gdbm" configure directive.
>
> Well, I managed to do the same on a Red Hat 7.3 machine, although I had to
> modify the .spec file a bit differently to get slapindex to work (I changed
> the "backend" option).  So far, the problem hasn't come up again.
>
> However, installing DB 3.3.11 on our Red Hat 7.2 machines would break a lot
> of dependencies.  3.2.9 is what's on there right now.  Was there any
> particular reason you used 3.3.X over 3.2.X?

Just a recommendation someone made on this list.  BTW the "db3x" package
in Red Hat 7.3 provides DB 3.1.17 and 3.2.9 libraries to satisfy those
dependencies you're concerned about.  You'll have to install it at the
same time as the new db3 packages.  It will automatically remove the Red
Hat 7.2 "db31" package.
John