Re: REL_ENG_2_1 returning duplicate objects in a search

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the tip. I'll try a checkout of HEAD and see how it
behaves. The description in ITS#1969 is a perfect match for my
problem, although I was a little confused because the ITS said
this was fixed in REL_ENG_2_1 also. Anyway, thanks for the tip
I'll definately give it a try.
Thanks,
Ian
On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 10:02:15AM +0100, Andrew Findlay wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 11:01:11PM -0600, Ian Logan wrote:
> >
> > I just finished migrating one of my LDAP servers from 2.0.x to 2.1.
> > with a copy of REL_ENG_2_1 checked out this afternoon.
> > This is on a freebsd 4.6 box.
> >
> > When I do a fairly complicated search based on name, ie something like
> > (|(sn=*logan*)(givenname=*logan*)(mail=*logan*))
> > some but not all of the objects returned appear twice in the search results!
>
> Try switching to HEAD. This looks like the problem referred to in
> ITS#1969 which is now fixed.
>
> Andrew
> --
> |                 From Andrew Findlay, Skills 1st Ltd                 |
> | Consultant in large-scale systems, networks, and directory services |
> |        Andrew.Findlay@skills-1st.co.uk       +44 1628 782565        |

Ian Logan
Information and Communication Technologies
New Mexico State University
Email: ian@nmsu.edu Phone: 505-646-6034 Fax: 505-646-4560