ldap_add: Operations Error

I installed openldap 2.0.25 on linux and managed to use
the ldapadd command to add example ldif files used for
testing purposes.

I then followed the YoLinux tutorial on how to extend
the schema to support Outlook and Mozilla.

I restarted openldap and it didn't complain about any
misconfiguration in the schema files that I include but
when I try to add an extremly simple ldif entry I get
the following error:

	ldap_add: Operations error.

I have no idea how to trace this further or where to look
for the problem so help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za