Stability: what version, backend, OS, platform?

Hi,

I am working on a personalization server, and will be using OpenLDAP with
BerkeleyDB. I have the luxury of choosing what OS and hardware platform to
use. Which OS and hardware platform would be recommended if stability and
support was emphasized?

Judging from the discussions on this list, I'd assume I'd want to go with
OpenLDAP 2.0.25 + BerkeleyDB 4.0 on RedHat LINUX x86, but I am just
eyeballing some of the more recent messages. What are most developers
running? What is probably the most thoroughly tested?

Thanks.
--
Jeff