Solaris 8 and pam_ldap

Has anyone got any reasonable ideas on compiling nss_ldap and pam_ldap
properly so that it works on solaris 8. I have semi functional working
model, but when I attempt to use the passwd command, I get a segmentation
fault with no core dump.
I have attempted to use ldapcsdk, but have had no luck in getting my head
around what I am supposed to do with the libraries.

Next problem.
If I use the pam_ldap library when changing passwords on the ldap database
for a user, I then have a problem with changing passwords for users like
root.

Attached the pam.conf file.
-----
login   auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
login   auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass
login   auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_dial_auth.so.1

telnet  auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
telnet  auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass

rlogin  auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rlogin  auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
rlogin  auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass

dtlogin auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
dtlogin auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass

rsh     auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1

other   auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
other   auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass

#
# Account management
#
#login   account required /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
login   account required /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1

#dtlogin account required /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
dtlogin account required /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1

#other   account required /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
other   account required /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1

#
# Session management, not implemented by pam_ldap
#
other   session required /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1

#
# Password management
#
other   password required /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so
other  password required /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass

Regards

Unix like TeePee no windows, no gates, Apache inside.
 Paul Clayton
Intec Telecom Systems
Ph +27 (0) 21 4309000
Fax +27 (0) 21 4309025
Mobile +27(0) 832853403

<http://www.intec-telecom-systems.com/>

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged
and/or copyright material of Independent Technology Systems Limited
(or its affiliated companies). If you are not the intended or authorised recipient
of this email or have received it in error, please delete it immediately and
notify the sender by e-mail. In such a case reading, reproducing, printing or
further dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Independent Technology Systems Limited does not represent or warrant that
an attachment hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects.

The opinions expressed in this e-mail and any of the attachments may
be those of the author and are not necessarily those of Independent
Technology Systems Limited.