Re: Where can I found document to backup/restore database for OpenLdap?

Also if your database is large, you might consider using some compression.
The good news is that text files compress quite nicely. The bad news is that compression can hog CPU time.

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

"David" == David Wright <ichbin@shadlen.org> writes:

>> Where can I found document to backup/restore database for >> OpenLdap? It uses BerkleyDB.

   David> Backup:  # slapcat > backup.ldif
   David> Restore: # slapadd < backup.ldif

Note to the original poster (and newbees): Make _SURE_ that 'slapd' isn't
running when doing this!

PS. Not sure if this is needed if running BerkleyDB v4...