Re: namingContexts not working?

>My understanding is that if a search base is not set (i.e. -b '') one can
>look at the namingContexts attribute in the root DSE to find the branch
>names.  Testing with Outlook Express and Mozilla showed that this didn't
>work (they couldn't find the search base on their own).

Well, if Outlook Express and Mozilla don't look at the namingContexts
attribute, that's their problem. But you can set a default search base in
slapd.conf with the defaultsearchbase directive. This will rewrite one
level and subtree searches of the root DSE to some arbitrary suffix.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | lukehoward.com
PADL Software | www.padl.com