Re: What is ldap.h?

Hi,

I'm really sorry, I've answered a question which was already answered
and didn't notice..

anyway about the library which it's looking for, libldap.so, if it's
found, let's say in /usr/local/lib, there are several things you can do
to fix it:
1. add to the CPPFLAGS/CFLAGS env. variables the '-L/usr/local/lib'
phrase, which means 'look for libraries also in /usr/local/lib'.
2. Another possility (I think it's better...) is to look for a configure
option which lets you set the location of the libraries. It usually asks
for the prefix actually, so it should be something similar to
'--with-openldap=/usr/local'. but check what they say about it in
./configure --help.

NOTE- after compiling, you might have to add /usr/local/lib to your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH env. variable, if it's not there already, in order to be
able to run it. LD_LIBRARY_PATH tells the program you're running where
to look for libraries in addition to /lib and /usr/lib. It might be set
already, though.