RE: What is ldap.h?

Good day,

By "package", they most likely mean the development RPM package.

If you are using a package-based system such as Red Hat Linux, you should
locate the OpenLDAP development RPM package appropriate for your system.
You can find many of them here:

You may need to install other packages as prerequisites.

For other systems, download and install the tarball on OpenLDAP's site.
This will include the files you're looking for.

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW