Re: newbie problem

I know I am one of the few.

I have used some rpms from this particular site.
http://www.open-it.org/download/redhat6.2/RPMS/
The RPMS I have installed from there are

openssl-0.9.5a-15.i386.rpm
pam_ldap-99-1.i386.rpm
auth_ldap-1.4.5-1.i386.rpm
cyrus-sasl-1.5.24-6.i386.rpm
openldap-2.0.9-1.i386.rpm
openldap-clients-2.0.9-1.i386.rpm
openldap-devel-2.0.9-1.i386.rpm
openldap-servers-2.0.9-1.i386.rpm

I have edited my sladf.conf to look like this
------------
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/krb5-kdc.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nadf.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
schemacheck     on
access to dn=".*,o=Western Outdoor Interactive,c=IN" by anonymous       read
pidfile         /var/lib/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/lib/slapd.args
database        ldbm
suffix          "o=Western Outdoor Interactive,c=IN"
rootdn          "cn=root,o=Western Outdoor Interactive,c=IN"
rootpw          secret
directory       /var/lib/openldap-ldbm
index   objectClass     eq
------------
I edited my ldap.conf file to look like this
------------
BASE    dc=WesternOutdoorInteractive, dc=com
URI     ldap://192.168.0.77

SIZELIMIT       12
TIMELIMIT       15
DEREF           never
------------
Now I started the ldap server using /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap restart
Now I created my address.ldif file which looks like this
------------
dn: cn=Keith Fernandez,o=Western Outdoor Interactive,c=IN
objectClass: inetOrgperson
objectclass: person
cn: Keith Fernandez
sn: Fernandez
telephoneNumber: 91-22-89331545
mail: keith@WesternOutdoorInteractive.com
localityName: Mumbai
------------
now using ldapadd I tried adding it to the database. The command I used was,
ldapadd -x -D "cn=root,o=Western Outdoor Interactive,c=IN" -W -v -f
address.ldif
It asked me for the password which I put in as secret
-----------------------------------
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
Enter LDAP Password:
----------------------------------
then It takes about a minute and then says the following
-----------------
add objectClass:
        inetOrgperson
        person
add cn:
        Keith Fernandez
add sn:
        Fernandez
add telephoneNumber:
        91-22-8933177
add mail:
        keith@w-o-i.com
add localityName:
        Mumbai
adding new entry "cn=Keith Fernandez,o=Western Outdoor Interactive,c=IN"
ldap_add: No such object

ldif_record() = 32
-----------------
this is where My 1st error is, I dont know if it has created a record in the
database or no.
I check the /var/lib/openldap-ldbm/ folder where the database files are
supposed to be stored.
I find a file dn2id.gdbm which is around 12 kb.
Since I dont know whether it has updated the database.
I used the ldapsearch option to see if there is anything in the database
So I used
ldapsearch -h localhost -v "(objectclass=*)"
the output of what was
ldap_init( localhost, 0 )
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object

Please help me out as to what to do, as I am totally lost. As I dont know
what to do next.

Regards,
Keith