Re: openldap 2.1.3 libraries and udp

Say, that might have a bearing on my situation also. Recently discovered that my DNS server went kabloey. Had to rebuild it. Could explain much. I wonder if it killed LDAP or if LDAP killed it? Perhaps if I change everything to straight IPs?

The netstat output you included indicates that these are sockets
established for DNS lookups. ldap_bind (and any function that deals with
hostnames) uses the resolver library to map hostnames to internet addresses.
This is an issue with your system's resolver library, not OpenLDAP.