Re: Back-links?? I think that is what they are called.

>>>Basicly what I was wondering, is is the feature planned for OpenLDAP?  I
>>>am currently running 2.0.23 would an upgrede to the 2.1.x tree allow this
>>>feature.  Also Any documentation about Back-links or what ever they are
>>>called would be great.
>>
>>There is no support for back links in OpenLDAP at this time. Feel free to
>>submit a patch.
>
>Actually, start by submitting an Internet Draft which details
>how servers are to maintain back links for the distributed DIT.

Right, I believe Active Directory uses its DCE RPC-based Knowledge
Consistency Checker for this. I'm not sure what NDS (the only other
directory I am aware of that supports back-links) does. Either way, it is
almost certainly too expensive to resolve each back-link without some sort
of cache.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | lukehoward.com