Re: OpenLDAP 2.1.3 and Berkeley DB 4.0.14

Hello,

  I think you ran into the same problem that I had, before a nice lady on the LDAP newsgroups pointed me in the correct direction.  In the openldap tests directory there is an error log kept, in my case, it was erroring on locating a library located in the Berkeley.4.0/lib directory.  Elizabeth told me to add the following to the ld.so.conf file located in the /etc directory.

/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib

Since the Mandrake machine is not at hand, you'll want to verify the location of the Berkeley DB directory before adding this line.  Modify it to your liking.

And, then use the command ldconfig to put it into place.  Worked for me.
I'm currently running it under Mandrake 8.2

BaTien Duong wrote:
I was stuck at the same place when running "make test" with the error:
    ldap-bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81)
    Test failed

Could some one help? Thanks.