[Date Prev][Date Next]
too many open files?
- To: OpenLdap-Software <OpenLdap-Software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: too many open files?
- From: David Wright <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:11:19 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020615 Debian/1.0.0-3
Take a look at this...
# ps aux | grep slapd | wc -l
# lsof | grep slapd | wc -l
That's ~100 filehandles per slapd thread. Do they really all count
toward the limit /proc/sys/fs/file-max? Or is this just one of these
wierd things where a utility counts a resource shared among threads
seperately for each thread?