From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Tony Earnshaw
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 1:41 AM
To: Mike Denka
Cc: 'Caylan Van Larson'; openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: (fixed) Re: nss not resolving group id's

fre, 2002-07-26 kl. 00:51 skrev Mike Denka:

> After adding the correct BASE and URL values in ldap.conf everything
> works fine on my master.  But on my replica, setting these values in
> ldap.conf doesn't help with generic searches.  Looking into my ldap
log
> file, I see that ldapsearch is still using the default value for BASE
> (i.e., dc=example,dc=com) if I don't specify a base on the command
line.
> If I set the LDAPBASE environment variable to our real base (the one
now
> set in ldap.conf), these searches work fine.  So I'm wondering why my
> replica doesn't see the changes I am making to
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf.  I add the new BASE value, restart
> slapd, but the old BASE value is still used in generic searches.  Any
> clues where the old default BASE value may be coming from?

I run 2.1.3 and only started attacking Openldap seriously with this
release. Although there's a standard /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf,
I soon discovered that slapd, at least, uses /etc/ldap.conf - which is
where I store my configs (haven't got as far as replication, yet). To
keep everything happy. I've just made a symlink from /etc/ldap.conf to
/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf .

As far as I'm concerned, without /etc/ldap.conf, none of the "virtual
user" stuff works, and it's pretty picky, too.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981