RE: (fixed) Re: nss not resolving group id's

This thread helped me correct a similar problem I was having getting
generic searches to work in my new ldap installation.  Turns out I
hadn't configured ldap.conf at all so searches would only work for me if
I specified the search base on the ldapsearch command line.  But now I'm
having an interesting related problem:

After adding the correct BASE and URL values in ldap.conf everything
works fine on my master.  But on my replica, setting these values in
ldap.conf doesn't help with generic searches.  Looking into my ldap log
file, I see that ldapsearch is still using the default value for BASE
(i.e., dc=example,dc=com) if I don't specify a base on the command line.
If I set the LDAPBASE environment variable to our real base (the one now
set in ldap.conf), these searches work fine.  So I'm wondering why my
replica doesn't see the changes I am making to
/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf.  I add the new BASE value, restart
slapd, but the old BASE value is still used in generic searches.  Any
clues where the old default BASE value may be coming from?

Also, I'm using openldap 2.0.23 for the master and 2.0.25 for the
replica.  Anyone know of any problems using slightly different versions
between the master and replica?

Thanks,

Mike