Re: failover and replication

Today at 3:55pm, Andrew Bacchi wrote:

> Can two addresses be used in the client ldap.conf in  case the first
> server is down?

Yes, although if the first address doesn't respond, the query will be
slowed by having to wait for the timeout.

> Did I see something about doing it through DNS?

That I don't know about.

I'm using the heartbeat package from the linuxha project to have my
replica take over the address of the master server should the master
server die.  It is a read-only replica so updates will fail, but it is
sufficient for people doing mail lookups :)

If you'd like more details, just drop me a line -- be happy to share.