Re: Faster searches

In your slapd.conf file, include the list of objects to index.  Here is my
index list as an example below.  When you build the database with ldapadd
the indexes will be created and your searches will go much faster.

If you already have the database populated, stop the ldap server and use
slapindex, then restart.  This will build the index list on an offline
database.  Although, I have had no luck creating an indexed database
using slapadd and slapindex.

You can delete the entire database in etc/openldap/* and recreate it with
ldapadd from an ldif file.  It takes me only a couple of minutes to do
this for 14K users.

# Indices to maintain
index default eq
index uid