Re: LDAP mail routing

Boosten, Peter writes:

# -----Original Message-----
# From: dinesh.parbate [mailto:dinesh.parbate@tatainfotech.com]
# Sent: Friday, 19 July 2002 14:24
# To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
# Cc: OpenLdap-Software@OpenLDAP.org
# Subject: LDAP mail routing
# # [snip]

# # I have added an ldif file containing following lines:
# # dn: uid=rahul,dc=nemesis,dc=atg
# objectclass: person
# objectclass: organizationalPerson
# objectclass: inetOrgPerson
# objectclass: inetLocalMailRecipient
# cn: rahul # sn: raje
# uid: rahul
# mailLocalAddress: rahul@nemesis.atg
# mailRoutingAddress: dinesh@nemesis.atg
# mailHost: nemesis.atg
# mail: rahul@nemesis.atg
#

OpenLDAP is the trouble:

If you search your sendmail.cf, you'll see that you search for a
mailRoutingAddress AND and an objectclass. OpenLDAP doesn't seem to
understand that more than one objectclass can be searched on. You can try
putting the "objectclass: inetLocalMailRecipient" on top of the list.

I do not understand this comment. You can put as many objectClasses
as you like in a search filter, and OpenLDAP responds as expected;
you don't need to muck with the ordering of the values, because it
is definitely irrelevant. The standard query that comes with sendmail
(based on draft-lachman-laser-*) always worked fine out of the box
without need for tailoring.

I had the same trouble, so I started to perform a normal ldapsearch,
querying like sendmail would do, and it didn't give me any results either.

I fixed this by changing the query from sendmail (read the FAQ) by not
searching it for objectclasses.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati