GSSAPI error

I am having a problem with GSSAPI. The search I am trying to do is to
report back the support SASL mechanisms to test the secure ldap:

ldapsearch -H ldap://alpha.torri.linux/ -I -b "" -s base -LLL
supportedMechanisms

SASL/GSSAPI Authentication started
SASL Interaction
Please enter your authorization name: torri
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown error
	additional info: GSSAPI: gss_input_name: ; ;

I do not understand the error. I am trying to learn openldap and
kerberos. I am following a HOWTO that is written for Debian but I have
managed to understand it and set up RedHat 7.2 on an Alpha CPU system.

My questions are:

1) What is this error? (Sounds simple but I have to ask)

2) How do I use the debugging either on the client and/or server to help
debug the setup?

Stephen