Re: version of openldap server

Michael Ströder:
> De Leeuw Guy wrote:
> >>
> >>Most server implementors hide the vendor and version info in
> >>cn=monitor in proprietary attributes.
> >
> > I try this search whithout succes :(
> > 	ldapsearch  -x -LLL -b "" -s base "cn=monitor" * +
>
> Monitor backend is not available in OpenLDAP 2.0.x and has to be
> enabled when building OpenLDAP 2.1.x with

Anyone know why monitor backend was left out in 2.0.x?

> ./configure --enable-monitor
>
> Which kind problems do you want to solve by reading the server
> version number?

My guess would be... in a large environment, it's very ok to probe
your systems (e.g. ssh-keyscan) to read the server version number
to see wether you have left out some servers during upgrade
due to a bug or security-issue.

Regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan