Re: connecting ldap to ssh server

ons, 2002-07-17 kl. 14:10 skrev Reinartz, Denis:

> i´m new to ldap and what to change our authentication system. Now you always
> have to login with pw and username. If you have more than 100 machines you
> get sick to login. I have read on openssh.org that you can use ldap to put
> your publickey or something else on it to authenticate automatically on
> destination host. But i can´t find a manual whether how to set up ldap
> system nor how to set up ssh to connect to that ldap box!? Maybe one of you
> has experience or text-stuff for me.

Perhaps you could start by asking Adam Tauno Williams
(awilliam@whitemice.org) if you can borrow his book: "LDAP and
OpenLDAP (on the Linux Platform)". He's very generous.

Then there's: http://search.icq.com/cat.adp?id=5517

And read IBM's excellent "IBM-Understanding-LDAP-sg244986.pdf"

You have a long, hard grind ahead, Reinartz. But one of the most
fascinating experiences you could imagine.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981