Re: odd pam_ldap configuration issues

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 10:41:23AM +0200, Stefan Froehlich wrote:

> Next step was pam_ldap - again, after some reading it worked, but
> only almost. Whenever I login, I have to enter the password _twice_
> until it is accepted. I only realized that this is a problem, when I
> wanted to deploy nss_ldap.

It is better to send pam_ldap and nss_ldap questions to the specific
mailing lists at padl.com

Your problem is probably due to a missing flag in pam.conf: try adding
try_first_pass or use_first_pass to your pam_ldap.o line. (This
assumes that you have placed pam_ldap *after* another method such as
pam_unix). These flags allow pam_ldap to make use of the password that
you have already entered and which has been ignored by earlier
modules because they did not find a matching username.

Andrew
|        Andrew.Findlay@skills-1st.co.uk       +44 1628 782565        |