pam_ldap.conf & libnss_ldap.conf configuration.

Dear All,

Today, I have configurated my box to authentication with OpenLDAP successfully. Thanks for your kind attention on my problems. But now, I got the other problems/confusing about the pam_ldap.conf and libnss_ldap.conf files. Each of this file have binddn, bindpw, rootbinddn entires... should I uncomment them out of the config ?

I've tried to comment out or uncomment them, but it look like these entires doesn't affect the system authentication....Why ??

Remarks : I follow this URL to setting up my box. http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth.php

Lastly, I found the permission of these files are 644 which mean user can read its content.. If I enter bindpw here, then user can view it. Sound strange ?

pam_ldap.conf
binddn cn=proxyuser,dc=techclan,dc=net
bindpw secret
rootbinddn cn=admin,dc=techclan,dc=net