Re: Slow respons when seaching for givenname

Jarle Tvedten wanted us to know:

>index   cn,mail,sn,gn           pres,eq,sub
>index objectClass               eq
>Search for givenname (gn=*someone) and (gn=someone) goes well(within a
>couple of seconds), but search for (gn=someone*) takes very long to
>complete(more than one hour).

Do any entries in the directory have an attribute gn with a value?  If
none of the objects in your directory have a value for gn, then no index
is being created.  Import a dummy ldif with the gn set and the index
will be created and your search time should return to normal.
--
Blue skies...	Todd 	Public key: http://www.mrball.net/todd.asc
...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious