Re: Berkeley DB 4.0.14 and openldap 2.1.3

I try to configure openldap 2.1.3 with Berkeley DB 4.0.14 and get BerkeleyDB
version incompatible. Helps are apprciated:

1) Berkeley DB configuration: (works with OpenLDAP 2.0.23 and 2.0.25)
    cd db-4.0.14/build_unix
    export JAVA_HOME and PATH (using jdk1.4)

   ../dist/configure --prefix=/data/db-4.0.14 --enable-dynamic --enable-java
    make then make install

2) The following configurations work with OpenLdap 2.0.23 and 2.0.25, but
not with 2.1.x (either 2.1.2 or 2.1.3)
    cd openldap-xxx
    ./configure --prefix=/data/openldap-xxx --srcdir=/directory of
openldap-xxx

    error: BerkeleyDB version incompatible
    I search for header places and found they are in srcdir /include and
/usr/include/db1 and /usr/include/db2. Do I need to specify CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS. Experts of OpenLdap installers please help.
Thanks