Re: [fwd: My id2entry.gdbm is growing at a rate of 10 meg per day ]

> From:  Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu>
> Date:  Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:48:10 -0400 (EDT)
>
> Today at 9:15am, Chris Garrigues wrote:
>
> > hmmm, thanks.  looking at the current version of the file, I'm seeing thi
> s:
> >
> > 144424 -rw-------    1 ldap     ldap     147737291 Jul 10 09:03 id2entry.
> gdbm
> >
> > but before I panic any more, I'd better take a look at any and all tools
> that
>
> If you are running on a Linux system, do "stat id2entry.gdbm" and see if
> the number of Blocks * 512 is anywhere near your 147737291 number...
> The file will claim to be size X, but if it has holes, it won't really
> be using that much space (blocks * 512)...

I just rebuilt the database, so I'll have to do that tomorrow after it's begun
growing again.  Thanks for the tip.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  World War III:  The Wrong-Doers Vs. the Evil-Doers.