Re: NEWBIE question: ldap_add: Undefined attribute type

Check if there is any trailing space after the attribute 'fonManagerDN' in your LDIF file.

Bing

Bing Du <bing-du@tamu.edu, 979-845-9577>
Texas A&M University, CIS, Operating Systems, Unix

>>> Charles  Funderburk <charles.t.funderburk@mail.sprint.com> 07/09/02 04:26PM >>>
Hello all,

I'm new to LDAP and have fun trying to get it installed and configured. I 've
been looking through the archives and have found answers to most of my
questions there, but have finally hit a wall.

I'm trying to import a ldif file that I've received from a netscape directory
server (version 4.16).

I use this command to try and add the entries -
ldapadd -x -f /home/ctfunder/directory.ldif -D cn=Manager,o=MyCompany,c=US

I get the following error -

adding new entry "cn=Foo and Foo,ou=ESL,ou=People,o=MyCompany,c=US"
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
        additional info: fonManagerDN: Dø      D

ldif_record() = 17

Can someone explain this error to me? Do I need to create a new object? If so
where?

Thanks!

-Charles Funderburk