[no subject]

Hi,

I use nss_ldap-1.94 and pam_ldap1.50 on openLDAP 2.1.2, With a RH 7.3
distribution

I try to authenticate my users on the ldap directory.

It seems that pam_ldap work well because when i try to authenticate with a
wrong password i can read in the /var/log/secure

Jul 8 10:29:19 Maracas login: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user  \
"uid=rodier,ou=IT,ou=People,dc=highdeal,dc=com" (Invalid credentials)

but when I used the good password I read the following message in log file :

Jul 8 10:31:06 Maracas login: Invalid user name "rodier" in main:664. Abort.

and the command: "getent passwd" don't return the ldap users.

I have
passwd: files ldap
group: files ldap
hosts: files dns ldap

in my /etc/nsswitch.conf

and I directly put the IP adress in ldap's configuration files.

If somebody have an idea about origin of pb or if have saw the same log
error : main:664, thanks so much for all informations

Bernard RODIER

PS: I have send this message to nssldap@padl.com too, but I have not
response yet.