Re: can't locate Mozilla/LDAP/Conn.pm

hi,

Last time I checked ( which was a while ), perldap did not work with OpenLDAP as it's LDAP library, only netscape/iplanet/sun one/whatever it's called today.

I was not impressed with Net::LDAP's "install a kazillion dependencies" install either. Plus it lacks sasl support, If I remember correctly, I could be wrong on this.

I've been using an OpenLDAP specific port of PerLDAP, which I have made available in CVS at http://ldapperl.sourceforge.net/ . I've been exporting and testing OpenLDAP specific fuctions like "ldap_initialize()", and functions that have deviated from Sun One LDAP like "ldap_setoption()", etc.

This is not ready for release, but I use it very reliably daily. Basically, I make sure that the fuctions I encounter in my environment works. Some of the error paths need to be tested, etc.

Testers, the adventurous are more than welcomed.

--Kervin

Joseph Kezar wrote:
I had this nightmere as well.  Mozilla's Net::LDAPapi is a difficult item to
get installed.  I ended up pulling a bunch of libssl, libnsldap_so_1 and
some other pain in the butt things to force it to work.  We have 100s of
scripts that call the Mozilla perl API.

If you are having problems with 1 script, I would suggest getting a copy of
Graham Bars Net::LDAP off of CPAN.
Its a snap to install and a heck of a lot more intuitive.
Simply rework the qsearch.pl script to use Net::LDAP instead.

----- Original Message ----- From: <anmais@in.gr> To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org> Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 10:26 AM Subject: can't locate Mozilla/LDAP/Conn.pm

Hi,Reccently,I've downloaded perldap-1.4.1 from www.mozilla.org(I'm

working with Mandrake 8).I read INSTALL,RELEASE,etc and I installed perldap.However,I tried to compile the qsearch.pl script(which locate /perldap-1.4.1/examples)by typing 'perl qsearch.pl' and I had the next output

Can't locate Mozilla/LDAP/Conn.pm in @INC(@INC

contains:/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux

/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/perl_site/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/perl_site
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at qsearch.pl line 29
Would you be kind enough to tell me what happen?
Thanks a lot!