re: Unable to login to local LDAP server

I've not seen that particular error message, but I have similiar issues from the PAM system-auth module when I have LDAP enabled in the account section.  Although, commenting out the line neuters ldap for login purposes, it does allow me to continue working on other issues until I can come back to that one.

#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth        required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
#account     required      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

password    required      /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=
password    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok md5 shadow
password    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
session     optional      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet