RE: OpenLDAP and failover

I'm interested in the same.  Please include me in future responses.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Bonfils [mailto:asyd@debian-fr.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 2:01 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: OpenLDAP and failover

hi all,

is there someone who have experience with OpenLDAP and fail over ?

I know there are few softwares solutions (for example linux-ha project
or linuxvirtualserver) but i think there are some problem :

with round robin dns, if there is one ldap server down, all operation
failed half a time, imho, it is very hugly with libnss-ldap as example
(moreover, i think an additionnal parameter like timeout in the
libnss-ldap.conf will be useful)

with load balancing, i think there is no problem with all reading
operations, but if one client write on the slave ldap server, i
believe the master is not updated, isn't it ?

it's possible to have two ldap server and have one which is the master
of the other ?

I hope you can help me, i don't want use commercial solution ! ;)

Thank you very much, best regards.

--
Bruno Bonfils                                 http://www.debian-fr.org