Question on updateref

Hi,

i installed 2.0.25 with an replication-slapd.

I want the following :

If a modification is to be done on the replication-server,
the modification shall be done as
in the documentation (10.1) :

------snipp------
1.The LDAP client submits an LDAP modify operation to
  the slave slapd.
2.The slave slapd returns a referral to the LDAP client
  referring the client to the master slapd.
3.The LDAP client submits the LDAP modify operation to
  the master slapd.
4.The master slapd performs the modify operation, writes
  out the change to its replication log file and returns a
  success code to the client.
5.The slurpd process notices that a new entry has been
  appended to the replication log file, reads the
  replication log entry, and sends the change to the
  slaveslapd via LDAP.
6.The slave slapd performs the modify operation and
  returns a success code to the slurpd process.
------snipp------

Now, the questions are :

I put the following into the config-file of the
slave-server:

updateref ldaps://masterserver.mydomain.net:636

Is it posible to write

updateref ldap://masterserver.mydomain.net:389

AND the communication is done via TLS ?

Suppose the dn which wants to make the modification
is uid=manager,dc=mydomain,dc=net .

Has this dn have to have write-access on the slave-server ?

If i understood the documentation right,
making a modification on the slaveserver just returns
the address given in updateref to the client, which
then starts the modification as described in 10.1.3.

Can anybody tell me if i'm right ?
My aim is, that only the updatedn is allowed to
do a modification on the slaveserver.

greets Harry

By the way, is replication-server identical to slave-server
or am i on the wrong path ?