Re: uid

I have configured OpenLDAP software on Solaris. I am trying to add an entry
into the database with attribute type uid. But when I run ldap_add_s, there
is a response with object class violation.

What objectClass(es) is the object a member of? You have either failed to provide a MUST attribute, or provided additional attributes beyond MUST and MAY. You can

1) Set schemacheck off in slapd.conf to tell slapd to ignore it, or
2) Look at the MAY and MUST attributes of your objectClass(es) in the schema files and add or remove attributes until your object is conformant.

If you post your .ldif to the list and a very nice person reads it, you might even get your problem diagnosed for you.