Re: errors in make test on 2.1.2 version

At 09:32 AM 2002-06-19, Luigi Noris wrote:
>Hello to all.
>
>I have i problem. I have a RH7.3 ( ...no i hope is not this my problem.
>..;-).
>
>I have installed BerkleyDB.4.0.14 from sleepycat.com without any
>particular configuration switch.
>
>Because openldap 2.1.2 in ./configure fase do not find the BerkleyDB,
>I have copied the content of /usr/local/BerkleyDB.4.0/bin in /usr/local/bin,
>and so on for the other dir /include /docs /lib.
>
>Now is possible for me launch the openldap2.1.2 ./configure.
>
>all the configuration script come on an then i start the make depend,
>and make.
>
>all good but when i start with make test the result is:
>###################
>[root@mailnet openldap-2.1.2]# make test
>cd tests; make test
>make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/prg/openldap-2.1.2/tests'
>ln: `./data': impossibile sovrascrivere una directory
>make[1]: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)
>ln: `./schema': Il file esiste
>make[1]: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)
>ln: `ucdata/liblunicode': Il file esiste
>make[1]: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)
>Initiating LDAP tests for BDB...
>running defines.sh
>Datadir is ./data
>Cleaning up in ./test-db...
>Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
>Using ldapsearch to retrieve all the entries...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>/scripts/test000-rootdse: line 44: 17050 Segmentation fault
>$SLAPD -f $DBCONF -h $MASTERURI -d $LVL $TIMING >$MASTERLOG 2>&1
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
>/scripts/test000-rootdse: kill: (17050) - No such process
>ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81)
>make[1]: *** [test-bdb] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/prg/openldap-2.1.2/tests'
>make: *** [test] Error 2
>[root@mailnet openldap-2.1.2]#
>##################
>
>I need help. If is necessary change the linux distribution i change,
>but if is necessary change the man????

Without a stack back trace and last few lines of the log file,
it would be hard to draw an accurate conclusion as to the nature of
the problem.  Maybe you have just confused your dynamic linker
by copying files about.

Generally, if you want configure to use software loaded in
locations not search normally by the compiler tool chain/dynamic
linker, one adjust the environment as necessary.  For configure,
that means setting CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS appropriately and, for the
dynamic linker, LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Kurt