AW: slapd not cluster aware

Hi,

we rechecked the system and found out that SO_REUSEADDR is supported. But
nevertheless slapd can not restart until all sockets are closed after
timeout. We believe it's because of a naming problem. I try to describe this
in more detail:

The cluster alias is "idserv00". The two clusters are named "idraid01" and
"idraid02". If slapd is stopped on one cluster (for example idraid01),
Netstate shows that there are some sockets in "time_wait" state and some
sockets in "fin_wait" state for the first cluster (e.g. idraid01) or
(sometimes) for the cluster alias(idserv00). If we try to restart slapd on
the second cluster (idraid02) there is an error message like "bind adress
already in use" - restarting slapd one the first cluster under the same
conditions works fine...
Pherhaps address reuse only works if the sockets are owned by the same host
(cluster) that tries to start slapd?

To make a long story short: Is there any possibility to force slapd to close
all sockets at every shut down? Or another way to solve this problem?

Thank you for any piece of help.
Susanne