Re: installing with additional libraries

I have Openldap installed on an RH 7.3 server and both Cyrus Sasl and
openssl were installed by default.  However to check this on your machine
do:
 rpm -qa | grep sasl
the reply from the system should something like this.

cyrus-sasl-1.5.24-25
cyrus-sasl-devel-1.5.24-25
cyrus-sasl-plain-1.5.24-25
cyrus-sasl-gssapi-1.5.24-25
cyrus-sasl-md5-1.5.24-25

 rpm -qa | grep ssl
the reply from the system should something like this.

mod_ssl-2.8.7-4
openssl096-0.9.6-6
openssl-devel-0.9.6b-18
openssl-0.9.6b-18
openssl095a-0.9.5a-11
openssl-perl-0.9.6b-18

You will see if they are installed or not.  To install them get the rpm
packages either from your CD or RedHat, and do:

rpm -ivh path/to/rpm/openssl*.rpm

rpm -ivh path/to/rpm/cyrus-sasl*.rpm

Good luck.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, ifconfig - wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed openldap-2.0.23 on redhat 7.3 and populated it with some
> entries.
> Using an Ldap client on another machine, I can connect and browse the
> directory anonymously. However when I attempt as cn=Manager with password, I
> get 'error cannot to ldap server'.
>
> I've looked into this an openldap howto says "To be fully LDAPv3 compliant,
> OpenLDAP clients and servers require installation of some aditional
> packages". I may need these additional to authenticate properly above. I
> understand openssl libraries, and Cyrus Sasl are required, problem is, I'm
> not sure if thats all i need and how to install them. I've not been lazy,
> I've been looking into this a lot, and cant seem to find anything on this.
>
> Can anyone provide me with some direction,
>
> Thanks
>
> pcaine

Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer