From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Kurt D.
Zeilenga
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 7:24 PM
To: De Leeuw Guy
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: How to :

>I have been developing LDAP software client since 1999 and the problems
>encountered are always the same :
>- missing an attribute specifying the number of "children entries??" of
> its DN (in order to improve the performance in a tree).

A future version of OpenLDAP may provide a "has subordinates" boolean
attribute. For a number of technical reasons, I don't expect
OpenLDAP to provide a "number of subordinates" attribute.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati