./configure Berkleydb error

Hello on a RH 7.3 I have installed BerkleyDB 4.0.14 with the standard
option.

I have this install dir /usr/local/BerkleyDB.4.0/

I have added to the /etc/ld.so.conf the /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib
line.

i go to exctract openldap 2.1.2.

When i launch ./configure I receive this errors:

checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... BerkeleyDB: Invalid argument
no
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

This is a stupid error .. i'm sure... but is invisible for me...

PS: ( on RH thereis an RPM Bdb version Called db3 )