RE: Session Resumption problems with JSSE-OpenLDAP

Hi,

I have found this discussion because I have the same problems with JNDI and
Openldap inside a Realm of Tomcat 4 using SSL. The following happens:

1. JNDI has established a connection.

2. This connection is closed. Then a new connection is opened.

3. Then the system hangs.

4. After shutdown of Openldap I get a  Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 1cancelled
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapRequest.getReplyBer(LdapRequest.java:47),

sometimes I get a socket closed Exception instead.

5. Openldap sends warning messages for open TLS connections to be closed.

6. Tomcat recovers and works fine.

So it seems that indeed Openldap doesn´t dropp the TCP Connection correctly.

I have tried to attach the logs but then the mesage is to long. If they are
needed I will
split and send them.

Best regards

Thomas