Re: iPlanet and openldap

Chris Lundell wrote:
> Hello,
> Can anyone tell me if openldap can be used instead of iPlanet's Directory Server
> for either Sun's portal platform or Oracle's (I understand that iPlanet's
> Directory Server is bundled with the latest Sun OS)?
> TIA,
> Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, we've managed to get Oracle's portal authenticating via OpenLDAP. I
gather it was not straightforward - Oracle support did not seem to know
a great deal about LDAP and at one point seemed to suggest that it would
only work via Oracle's own directory server!
Dave Lewney
Principal Systems Programmer, Computing Service
University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9QJ. Tel: 01273 678354 Fax: 01273