Re: iPlanet and openldap

Chris Lundell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me if openldap can be used instead of iPlanet's Directory Server
> for either Sun's portal platform or Oracle's (I understand that iPlanet's
> Directory Server is bundled with the latest Sun OS)?
>
> TIA,
> Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, we've managed to get Oracle's portal authenticating via OpenLDAP. I
gather it was not straightforward - Oracle support did not seem to know
a great deal about LDAP and at one point seemed to suggest that it would
only work via Oracle's own directory server!

Dave
--
Dave Lewney
Principal Systems Programmer, Computing Service