RE: slapadd/ldapadd command?

I'm not familiar with any OpenLDAP release 1.8.

> Online updations are done to the server using ldapadd or ldapmodify
> command.These changes get reflected on the replication server. But i
> also regenerate the database completely once daily.That is the database
> is thrashed, the user-entries are read again and database is recreated.
>     I have observed that slapadd command fulfils the need , but the
> replog file is not written to.while if i use ldapadd command the whole
> process of binding-writing-unbinding for every entry takes a long time
> and creates frequent problems.ldapadd does write to replog file
> I want to know if there is any other alternative and if the above
> process is right?

slapadd is used to initialize a database. As such, its operations are
not considered "changes" and will not be recorded in the replog.

ldapadd does not need to bind/unbind for every entry. It will only
bind/unbind
once per invocation, and in one invocation you can feed an input file with
any number of entries.

  -- Howard Chu