[Date Prev][Date Next]
ldap failover timeout in ldap.conf?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: ldap failover timeout in ldap.conf?
- From: Thanos Siaperas <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:53:26 +0300
- Organization: Central Communications Facility, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH) P.O.Box 888 GR 541 24 Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece tel.: +30 (0)310 998440, fax: +30 (0)310 998492
In (1) is described the new feature of openldap, which sets an
ldap option to timeout a connection to a first host and
proceed with the next one in the list.
In order for this to be usable in a user level, i.e from ldapsearch,
it should be available either in the code of the user program itself,
i.e ldapsearch.c, or in "ldap.conf".
Netscape SDK's similar feature (2), has a counterpart in "ldap.conf".
Is this to be implemented with openLDAP as well?
Thanks for your attention,
Network Operation Center
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
thanus (a) ccf.auth.gr
(1) New openLDAP feature: LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT (ITS#239)
(2) Use of "bind_timelimit" in Netscape's SDK